With data and insights from Entrepreneur, Unbounce, NewsCred, Kapost, and more, Express Writers illustrates some of the most dangerous “poor quality” pitfalls that content marketers encounter, and shares the following steps to help you produce quality content every time.
- Write About What You Know: No amount of research can match the insight and natural knowledge of an expert in their field. Make sure that the people who are creating your content know what they are talking about it and invite professionals to write about what they know best. At the end of the day, it will show if they don’t.
- Know What Content Types Work In Your Industry: Not every type of content works for every persona or industry. See what your competitors are doing, but don’t be afraid to experiment.
- Write with a Competitive Edge: You’re trying to stand out from the crowd. Even if you are writing about the same things as your competitors, strategize a way to surpass them.
- Audit Your Existing Content: Auditing and analyzing your existing content helps you see what’s working and what’s not. This data will help guide your strategy moving forward and let you know if you’re on the right track.
- Review & Edit: Never publish without proofreading. Even the greatest writer and grammar nut can make mistakes so make sure to have at least one other person proof your content before publishing.
Check out the full infographic below!